On Friday September 23rd, The Modern Real Estate Team realtors Tasha Medve and Saira Waters of Royal LePage Coast Capital Realty kicked off the 4th annual Raise the Roof for Shelter Foundation. The evening was held at Swan’s Hotel & Brewpub and was soon filled with cocktails, delicious food, extravagant draw prizes and an amazing silent auction.

In only two hours, the fundraiser graciously raised $7000! 80% of the funds raised were donated to local charities including: Victoria Women’s Transition House, Margaret Lawrence House, Sooke Transition House Society, and the Cridge Centre for the Family. The other 20% was donated to violence prevention programs and grants across Canada.

To view photos from the event, click here.

Every two years Royal LePage does a charity challenge, and this year Saira Waters is committed to raising $10,000. Her goal is to trek for nearly 100km through Iceland with no electricity, cell service and only 2-3 hours of darkness each night. “This journey will not be easy. We will be preparing physically and mentally for months and will be covering our own travel costs. Each dollar we raise and every step we take will make it easier for women and children to walk safely away from violence” states Saira.

She hopes that by raising awareness and supporting local charities, we can all help to decrease domestic violence and promote safety and wellbeing in all homes across Canada.

If you would like to donate and support Saira’s charity challenge, please click here.

LYF Marketing is proud to support local charities and events. If you’re interested in being featured on our blog, contact us here.